Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I got a problem with a HP Pavilion dv2120us. My mom was using her pc and said that it suddenly went out while she was viewing pictures in her folder. It doesn't seem likely that the pics would've done something like that so I did some basic testing. I press the power button. It comes on, drive still opens, and the battery still works. Fan doesn't work, screen is completely blank, and its completely silent, no noise from it whatsoever. Anyone know what the problem might be? I haven't tried using it w/o the hard drive but not sure that would have an effect on it. Heres the details for what is has:

AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-52 (1.6GHz, 512kb L2 cache)
Windows XP Media Center Edition
1024MB system memory
120GB harddrive
LightScribe Super Multi 8x DVD+RW drive with double layer support
NVIDA GeForce Go 6150 graphics with up to 128MB shared video memory

Heres a pic just in case the details were lacking: http://reviews.cnet.com/4507-3121_7-32081076.html?tag=mncol;psum

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
I've seen a lot of failed HP Pavilion come through our shop lately, all with NVidia chipsets. The newer lines have quality control issues and problems with NVidia chipsets overheating and failing.

Try removing the battery, hard drive, and one stick of RAM and re-seating the second stick of RAM in its slot, then switch out that stick for the other in case thats the one thats faulty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.