I finished building a new PC a month or so ago, and recently, I've had problems connecting to the internet. All of my other PC and devices connect fine. I have a gigabit wired connection and a 1.3GB wireless AC connection. Sometimes I can access the internet, with either network adapter, but after a short period of time, I lose my connection. This happens simultaneously with both adapters. When I right click on my connection in the bottom corner (I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64) and select troubleshoot connection, it comes back with the following error, "Windows could not automatically detect his network's proxy settings." In the Network and Connection window, usually there would be an X between my PC and my router or between my router and the globe (WAN), but it shows that I have a connection.
I was also just installing the driver/software for my Lamptron CM615 watercooling/fan controller, which I'm supposed to be able to monitor remotely, and during the installation, I got an error saying "The InstsllShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be installed. IKernel.exe could not be copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstsllShield\Engine\6\Intel 32. Make sure that you have the appropriate privileges to copy files to this folder. (0x20)"
So apparently, I've lost some of my privileges as Admin too. I've deleted my partition, reinstalled the OS on my C drive, which is a pair of Samsung 840 Pros 256GB setup in RAID0, but this continues to happen. I'm guessing that maybe some of the drivers/software for my PC could be infected, and this is why it keeps coming back. I've never been infected with Malware before, but after reading up on some of the articles, this is the only thing I can think of as the problem. Please give me some advice on if it is or not. I work from home and this is my work PC, so I haven't been able to get any work done. I'm running McAfee Internet Security, but I guess it's possible for some things to get past. Please advise. I don't know where to go from here. Thanks.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk