Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I posted a similar problem a few months back. I'm posting again because I still can't get the problem solved.. Can anyone help me?

I got a Palit 9600GT 512MB PCI-E and It's not working for my PC. It won't boot up and gives beeping sounds when the graphic card is installed.

I've already tried this graphic card on my friend's computer to see if there's any problem with the graphic card but it worked on his. So I'm guessing It's either my PSU or Motherboard.. But then again I read online somewhere that someone is using 400w and it's working for him. I'm using 430w .. Is my motherboard compatible? Do I need to flash bios or something ? Heard that that could help... Not very sure though..

Below are details to my PSU, Motherboard and the Graphic card.

Cooler Master RS-430-PCAR
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3P(rev 2.0) Motherboard
Palit 9600GT PCI-E 512MB DDR3

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't borrow one.. And erm yup, I've connected the 6 pin power to the back of the card..
I'm currently using a MSI Nvidia GeForce 6600..

Anyways, another big problem came up and it totally screwed me.. I don't know if its the cause of the problem but i tried flashing the bios and suddenly i cant seem to access the internet.. My network adapter under device manager went missing and I tried installing tons of drivers to try salvage the situation but all seemed to fail. I even tried reformating but the problem is still there..

The setup files of the network driver on the disc on my motherboard doesn't seem to show up @ the 'xpress install' function so I had to explore the disc to install manually through the setup files but I wasnt sure which one was it. After exploring here and there I found out that I was using a Marvell Gigabit driver or something.. So I went to install the setup file for it on my disc but it failed installing that again.. saying product ID not supported..

HELP!!! HELP!!!

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
The BIOS flash most probably just changed the BIOS settings to something else, and disabled your onboard network adapter. Go to BIOS and try to find if it's disabled, if it is, enable it again...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think the network card is fried.. do you agree? under Smart LAN it shows me the 4 status fields of wires are open and length is 0.0m when the cable is already connected .. device doesnt seem to show the network adapter.. Motherboard's disk doesn't give me the option to install the Marvell LAN Driver when it should.. I think I'm gonna go get a network card later.. hopefully this is the problem.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
Did you find the option in the BIOS setup to enable/disable the Network card - it should be there. You may also want to reflash the BIOS. Right above the Smart LAN option in the BIOS it should show the Onbaord HW LAN; make sure its set to Enabled. Also try clearing the CMOS via the jumper or by removing the CMOS battery.

And you're sure thats the correct board and revision that you posted?

Also for the video card, are you using the top or the bottom PCI-Express slot?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.