Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windows 98 o/system.500 mhz computer 20 gig h/d 128meg ram.
Outlook express(outlook6) saying that a page I have put together with pictures may not send all or some of the pictures correctly.
Some pages I am trying to send are ones I have brought down from "the Web" on I/Explorer 6 and try to send with Outlook. No go Same message.
Any Ideas?
Thanks Stan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the HTML is ticked in OE
????
Message reads "One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found.When you send this message the pictures will not be included."

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
This may not apply, but, I had gone through and deleted some picture files and wound up deleting some of the stationary. I got the same message when trying to send. Try a different stationary or none at all.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
My point earlier was this. Are you sure that the pictures you are trying to send is causing the error or is it the stationary? Do you have another mail box you could send to and find out? Dont want to harp but I would hate to pass up an option because it sounds to simple.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I cant promise this will fix it but we will try. In your browser go to tools>internet options>program tab>click the drop down for html editor and change it to something else.

When you checked html in OE did you click settings and see if send pictures was checked?

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I used to get that same eror all the time In OE 5.5. I would try to send an email and it would come up. I never really was able to track it down. I would close up OE and go back in. I would be able to send a picture out. But the error would come back. I have used Word 97 as the editor and Windows Notepad.

I have OE 6.0 now and have not had this problem. I have been using Notepad as the email Editor. I changed to Windows97 after reading this to see if I could duplicate the error again. So far it has been stable.

If I find anything, I'll let you know. I can tell you that the Image didn't matter. Sometimes I would go back in and use the same one and it worked.

I'll be interested to see how this works out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have reset editor to 2 other choices and still no go with both.
Also yes the send pictures was ticked after last settings change!
Oh dear this is a doozy!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
It's up to you. I did have the same problem, although it was intermittent and very frustrating. And it was in IE5.5
EDIT: I reread and saw you already have IE 6. I edited the information to reflect that.

Here's the link to Download IE6 and save it to disk:
http://windows.about.com/library/bl_iedownload_a.htm

It's a long article, have a little patience. It's a good thing to do this way. Instead of a long Download next time you reinstall, it will take only a few minutes.
Also, when you install IE 6 after you finished the long Download it will dial up during the install. Don't be concerned.
Be sure to disable your Anti Virus while you Download and install.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thankyou
:D The problem was not a problem in the end!
The pictures I was trying to save or send from a "website" had either has the pictures "PROTECTED" or the complete page had been "PROTECTED".
After working this out I was able to still save the pictures and then send on via e-mail by "copy" and "paste".
I have posted this to show my thankyou to all who tried to solve my problem.
Stan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.