Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning:
I'm running a networked Pent. 3 600/256 RAM/18 Gig HDD/Windows ME. The HDD has about 12 gig free. Whenever I try to run Norton SpeedDisk (part of the 3.01 SystemWorks software package), it hangs after getting started (I close all applications & turn off the screensaver when doing this). Sometimes while running Norton DiskDoctor, it stops for a very long time while checking the directory structure "hosts", and then continues. I don't know what this is and maybe is the reason SpeedDisk isn't working (it always has in the past; this started about 2 months ago, and I can't think of anything that was changed in that time). Maybe this directory is too large and hangs Norton? I can run Microsoft's defragmenter with no problem...it always completes the task. Could it have something to do with virtual memory being too small (I have it checked so it adjusts it automatically) Any ideas? Thank you all!

·
Super Moderator
37,525 Posts

·
Account Disabled
1,222 Posts
You really shouldn't reinstall software that is incompatible with your operating system. Remove it, and purchase an upgraded version meant to run on Windows ME.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.