Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am using Norton 360 v3 on 64bit Windows Vista. The program has been working fine as regards online and virus protectio, though I am having a problem when I attempt to download from the internet.

Firstly, I had problem with downloads from rapidshare.com (the downloads would hang just before completing) and someone had suggested to turn off temporarily the norton firewall and/or antivirus. I did this and it worked fine, since the downloads would then complete without any problem.

Though, not the same happens with hotfile.com. Even when I deactivate the Norton antivirus and firewall temporarily, the downloads will still hang just before being finished (for example, on firefox it would say "a few seconds remaining" and that is it, the donwloads will stop there and it is not possible to pause/resume the, thus I have to start them over again and again).

Since this is a problem with both firefox and internet explorer and also given that my sister has no problem downloading on her own PC from hotfile.com (the PCs are identical, but she uses another security suite), thus I am assuming that the problem is norton related.

Could anyone please help? Thank you in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.