Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
please help me, I got a problem to enter windows XP SP2 prof., it shows empty desktop at startup and there is no user, no start menu.
when i press Ctrl,Alt,Del many time i got the task manger and there is no user in it.
please can i do to get back the user. i don't want to reinstall windows

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi all,
please help me, I got a problem to enter windows XP SP2 prof., it shows empty desktop at startup and there is no user, no start menu.
when i press Ctrl,Alt,Del many time i got the task manger and there is no user in it.
please can i do to get back the user. i don't want to reinstall windows
Not enough information....
You stated that when you start up... there is nothing on the desktop.... what does that mean, if you are able to get to the desktop, that means you are a user.. If you are not getting the user prompt, press clt+Alt+Del 2 times quickly, if no noe is logged on to the system, you should get the Administrator prompt asking for password...
If you are the Administrator... you can log on and create yourself an account... If you are not the administrator... go find the administrator....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
computer start with the blue background of the desktop, nothing in the desktop, no icons, no start menu nothing at all. by pressing Ctrl,alt,del I could enter the task manager but no user in the task manager. I'm the administrator.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Try pressing F8 after bios post, boot into safe mode and do a system restore to a previous state. The windows installation disc also has a recovery console that may help restore missing files. It may very well be a virus that embedded itself into your registry and modified the "explorer.exe" command to load with windows. Thus, if you can CTRL+ALT+DEL, the choose RUN and type "explorer.exe" then see windows. That will help us to determine the next course of action.:D

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
If you can get the Task Manager running, go to File > New Task and type:

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

You can type this same command from Safe Mode with Command Prompt if you can get to that.

Restore to a point before the problem. (Adjust C: or Windows if your system is different.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.