Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I`m using internet explorer 6 on windows98 and I have a problem that I cannot find the end of it. All the toolbar and the address line of IE6 vanished and I can`t get it back.The only thing that appears in the browser is the blue line , where the title of the page is written Please can you help me to fix this problem. Thank You
George

· Registered
12,090 Posts
First try repairing IE

Start>Settings>CP>Add/RemovePrograms. Double left click on "Microsoft Internet Explorer 6". A menu with 3 options should appear. Take the "Repair" option.

If that doesn't work and assuming it's been 5 days or less since this first occured, try restoring a registry backup

Start>Shutdown>Restart in MSDos Mode. Once you have a DOS prompt key in the following and press enter.

scanreg /restore

Now highlight a registry dated the day this first occured or prior to that day. If you've installed any software or hardware on or after the date you restore back to, you'll need to reinstall them after the restore.

Let us know what happens.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You for replying my thread.
I tried the first option, but everything remained the same. I can`t do the second option because I don`t know nothing about DOS and I`m afraid that I will do something wrong and I will ruin everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.