Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently formatted my PC and ever since have not had any sound whilst playing audio CD's. I know my soundcard is fine as i get all other sounds i.e windows sounds plus when i listen to saved MP3's the sound is fine. Someone suggested trying listening with headphones plugged into the CDROM drive and when i do this i CAN hear the CD, but i dont understand what this means? Can someone help me so that i can listen to audio CD's without having to use headphones.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hi Leighton,Welcome to TSG,and Merry Christmas,Go to Start>Settings>control panel>multimedia>click on the cd music tab>Make sure your cd is set for the right drive>and that the volume slider is in the middle or higher.

Let us know if this works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help buddy, i did what you suggested but still no sound. However, when i changed the drive to my other drive (my cd writer) it did play correctly. This obviously suggests there is some problem with my D drive any ideas what could be the problem. (Some sort of lose connection or something?)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Try switching the sound cable from the writer to the D drive. (Incase you have a bad cable)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently installed a new sound card, it was connected the the E drive but it wasnt't connected to the D drive! lol the connector was hiiden behind a few things so i didnt see it until i had a good close look!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.