Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi John

Spoke to a new support Queue called "Qresolve" yesterday regarding a similar kind of issue with my comp.They were pretty helpful(you can visit them at www.qresolve.com).The resolution they gave me and which worked for me instantly was..,

To hear sound while viewing web pages with audio:

1.Click Start, and then Control Panel.
2.Click Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices and then Sounds and Audio Devices.
3.Click the Sounds tab.
4.In the Program events list, find and select Windows Explorer.
5.Select Complete Navigation and set " sounds" to " notify.wav"
6.Start Navigation and set the " sounds" to " Windows XP Start.wav"
7.Click OK.

Make sure that your PC audio is working and volume controls on the PC and speakers are set properly.

regards,
Sid

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am experiencing this same issue, no audio on web pages that should have audio. Whether I use Firefox or IE 6, no audio on either browser. My audio stopped working on the web after I installed Windows Media Player 11. I since rolled back to 10 but my audio still doesnt work on the web. It works in Media Player and any other app but just not Mozilla or IE. I have re-installed my audio driver numerous times and dont know what else to do. Please help me.

Sibb

·
Registered
32,642 Posts
Sibb0804 said:
I am experiencing this same issue, no audio on web pages that should have audio. Whether I use Firefox or IE 6, no audio on either browser. My audio stopped working on the web after I installed Windows Media Player 11. I since rolled back to 10 but my audio still doesnt work on the web. It works in Media Player and any other app but just not Mozilla or IE. I have re-installed my audio driver numerous times and dont know what else to do. Please help me.

Sibb
have you checked in internet options/advanced/multimedia that play sounds in web pages is ticked

·
Registered
32,642 Posts
Sibb0804 said:
Yes. My audio was fine before the Media Player 11 upgrade. That is the only thing that changed.

I double-checked that option and it is checked. I have no clue what is wrong...
can you do a system restore to before you installed wmp11

·
Registered
74 Posts
Blackmirror said:
can you do a system restore to before you installed wmp11
Before you do that maybe uninstall and reinstall it. Might have a corupted file. And is that doesnt work do what Blackmirror says, system restore should work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.