Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently upgraded from win98se to win xp pro, and after doing so my soundblaster 16 ISA is not even detected by win xp. any ideas on why?
i have read many forums but cant find an answer or how to fix it. i have been to the creative website for answers, i have tried to update my bios . i have checked my settings in bios but cant seem to find any onboard audio controls that i can disable. i built this computer a few years ago so i have no manufacturer to turn to. in talking with different people, some say even though it is ISA, it should still work with win xp. any help would be greatly appreciated ...

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Wally world sells a Cretive 16PCI for $29 or less on the right day. Works really well with WinXP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes my motherboard has both isa and pci slots... i assumed that buying a pci soundcard would fix my problem( so i am told) but wanted to exhaust all the options first...trying not to spend any money that i didnt have to.. (old fashioned i guess :) ). i have tried to run add new hardware thru control panel, but windows xp will only let you add what it finds... and well, it doenst even register a sound card to try and update a driver...and to acacandy: i was surprised to see this computer run xp as well... i had my doubts but she is holding up just fine so far...its an old p3-128 ram w/ 18 gig hard drive.. i just check email and surf websites and listen to music on it...so its been good to me for the past few years... knock on wood..great website here and thanks for the help

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I agree with the more ram but it still wont help you sound card issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just purchased a very cheap sound card (pci) and it works with no problems...sound isnt good quality but at least i have it! wooohooo !!!! guess its true, you get what you pay for :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.