Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im having trouble getting any sound out of my speakers.
Ive downloaded vlc and k-lite 4 the audio codecs.
(I didn't get any video at first, but after installing vlc, that problem was solved, but still leaving me w/ the no-sound-issue)
The speakers are attached to my (philips) monitor and connected 2 my pc w/ a cable inserted in a line-out socket
Ive tried everything i can think of, n now im out of ideas.
So...can any1 help me?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you gotten any sound out of it before ? I ask this becouse it could be that you do not have A a driver for your sound. To check this go to MyComputer Then system Info ,then click on hardware tab and click on the device manager to check to see if you have a driver for it .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Zoom_Stat21 said:
Have you gotten any sound out of it before ? I ask this becouse it could be that you do not have A a driver for your sound. To check this go to MyComputer Then system Info ,then click on hardware tab and click on the device manager to check to see if you have a driver for it .
also here is a good site to find drivers for sound you have to be a member but its free www.driverguide.com

·
Registered
317 Posts
Rachel2507 said:
Hi,

Im having trouble getting any sound out of my speakers.
Ive downloaded vlc and k-lite 4 the audio codecs.
(I didn't get any video at first, but after installing vlc, that problem was solved, but still leaving me w/ the no-sound-issue)
The speakers are attached to my (philips) monitor and connected 2 my pc w/ a cable inserted in a line-out socket
Ive tried everything i can think of, n now im out of ideas.
So...can any1 help me?
are you sure you needed to add audio codecs?

it is a good idea to load codecs based on need only. massive packages
of codecs are known to cause trouble for all kinds of reasons.
one type of problem is loss of that functionality all together.

many applications when needing a codec will name that codec
you can see if you find that codec as a single before resorting
to a package.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Again :)

Thanx for all ur replies.
Ill try each one and will get back to u.
I don't have the computer with me now, and i have a flight 2 catch in a few hours
so ill check it as soon as im back

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i still have some time

Zoom_Stat21 : i checked what u said, and i made a picture of the screen,not sure which 1 im looking for :

Light Product Azure Rectangle Blue

Light Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

Spider111 : There was 2 sounds(?)

Sound 1(Mono, 8-bit 22Khz, from a Software buffer) >DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

Sound 2 (Mono, 8-bit 22Khz, from a Software buffer) >DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

·
Registered
50 Posts
When you went to the device manager did you find a sound device that was reconized by your computer?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Click on START, click on CONTROL PANEL.
Click on Performance and Maintenance.
Click on System.
Click on the Hardware tab.
Click the DEVICE MANAGER button.

Any yellow? if so what? what is listed for audio? possible take a screen shot? and post as an attachment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.