Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just about to install my new copy of The Sims Deluxe Edition when I decided to check the official web site in order to confirm whether or not I had all the minimum requirements for running the game. The site suggested that I have the latest versions of my Sound and Display drivers, so I set to work downloading those. I got my updated Display driver no problem, but the Sound is another story.

According to the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, I was using a Crystal Audio Driver from Cirrus Logic. So, I Googled a newer version of the driver and found one. When I told it to install, nothing happened, so I thought, well, I'll just uninstall my first one and then install this new one and everything will work.

After I uninstalled my previous driver, the new one still wouldn't install. So I tried to reinstall the driver -- no luck. Then I downloaded a driver from the official Cirrus web site -- and every time I click the "install" button, a message always pops up saying "Driver didn't install correctly." It doesn't tell me why or how or ANYTHING. And now my computer has no sound! Whenever I check the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, it tells me, "No sound card was found." What am I supposed to do? Please, please help! :(

(I use Windows XP Home Edition, by the way.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.