Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Panasonic Toughbook and it is asking for me to insert the Recovery disk in to the floppy drive. I have 2 problems, the first is that I do not have a floppy drive I only have an external CD/DVD drive and the second is that I do not have a recovery disc.

Is it possible to down load the file on to a CD? and is it possible to use a CD instead of a Floppy drive?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hiya sarahnlsn.

As I noticed this is your first posting, welcome to Tech Guys. Some pre-installed systems on new machines require you to create a recovery disk as soon as can after you get it home and some others have the recovery section as a boot option so if you haven`t made one or don`t have one, try hitting F8 when you switch it on and see what comes up on the options screen.

If that doesn`t work for you, try contacting Panasonic (e-mail or telephone) with the details of the computer like model number, approx date of purchase etc etc and they might either send you a recovery disk or perhaps give you a link to be able to download it so that you can burn it to floppy or CD.

Regards
Jenny

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.