Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...does any one know why I cant see my tray 2 on my printer. Can print from tray 1 but tray 2 comes up as being uninstalled. Even though its so blatantly there.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
What brand / model of printer is this?

But answering blind I would say the sensor is dirty or broken, I would suggest cleaning any metal contacts on the tray with rubbing alcohol and check and see if any plastic "nubs" (for lack of a better word) are missing as sometimes the tray is detected by a plastic bump that pushes on the switch inside. If it breaks your printer thinks its not there.

Good Luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a lexmark optra 610. Could it be possible that its a driver issue. When you install the drivers you are asked if you want to install a PCL and a MS driver. I dont know what these are? So I didnt.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Depends does the printers FRONT PANEL say the tray is not installed or does the computer say it isn't installed?

IF its the printers top Front Panel its something with the sensor

IFF its the computer saying that on your monitor it might very well be a fudged driver.

As for PCL or MS. PCL is effectively an HP driver language and MS is Microsoft driver language, I would definatley install one or the other or it seems like you wouldn't have any driver?

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.