Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer comes on but there is no video display. The two fans work and the light on the "on" button lights up. There are no beeps when I turn the computer on. I can hear the hard drive spinning and the cd rom tray opens and closes when the button is depressed. The computer is a Dell Dimension XPS T600r. All connections are secure. The monitor is not a problem because it works fine with my other computer. I tried another video card but the same problem. There are four small led lights on the back of the computer labeled ABCD that do not light up. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That is an odd one, in all respects your computer seems fine...
I think the four LEDS labeled ABCD are to do with networking, as I have a dell as well, and they seem to be related to that, but I may be wrong.
If you know how, I would take off the case and carefully(making sure you are in contact with the metal case for grounding and the the power cable is removed) make sure that the RAM and videp card are seated right.
Have you recently changed any BIOS settings?
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
gemini11 said:
My computer comes on but there is no video display. The two fans work and the light on the "on" button lights up. There are no beeps when I turn the computer on. I can hear the hard drive spinning and the cd rom tray opens and closes when the button is depressed. The computer is a Dell Dimension XPS T600r. All connections are secure. The monitor is not a problem because it works fine with my other computer. I tried another video card but the same problem. There are four small led lights on the back of the computer labeled ABCD that do not light up. What could be the problem?
no beeps is pc not posting, assuming you have internal speaker hooked up, I would suspect psu, one rail may be screwed, you have to get pc to post, one short beep for pc to think about working

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.