Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I recently reinstalled Outlook Express and configured it. I don't recall being prompted for a password but if I had been asked to supply such, I'm sure that I simply hit the enter key. My computer is only used by myself and I don't want a darn password. Still Outlook Express insists that I enter a password and I don't have a clue what that might be... because I never supplied one in the first place! Will someone please tell me how to get around this so I can start send e-mail again. Btw, this insistance on supplying a password never occurred before the re-installation. Thanks

Glenn

·
Registered
282 Posts
All e-mail accounts require passwords. Before, you probably chose the option to have Outlook Express remember your password, so you wouldn't have had to enter it every time. After reinstalling Outlook Express, though, the passwords probably got erased. Who supplies your e-mail account? Is it your Internet Service Provider? If so, call them to get your password or to have it reset to something. If it's through a web site like Yahoo!, then you'll have to do something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.