Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I use my computer to download information to an embroidery machine.After reformatting my Dell Windows XP home machine the emb. machine was not recieving data from the computer.Com ports were checked and supposable working but still no data received.The computer is also not recognizing the printer even though software and drivers were installed.The printer was checked on a laptop and worked fine.One thing that may have caused a problem was removing Adobe Gamma which I was instructed to do to install Pantone's Spider ( a color management system)Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.Thank You, Jane:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
385 Posts
What I would try is to shut down PC .. unplug all accessories .. reboot .. then shut down PC again .. plug in one accessory at a time then .. make sure windows picks it up .. then shut down plug in the next one .. reboot .. you get the idea i'm sure.
Make sure that you have the driver disk for each device and install the proper drivers .. XP will tell you if the driver is "not XP compatible" or not.
If not then get on the web to the manufacturer and get the right one
Adobe Gamma is a display (color management) program that usually gets installed with Photoshop.
Hope all this helps
Peter

·
Registered
730 Posts
Did you load the correct drivers for the embroidery machine onto the PC?
Have you rechecked the serial ports are enabled in the bios and using the correct address for the device?
Is the laptop able to communicate with the embroidery machine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for replying.All drivers were installed.I checked the com ports in device manager but I don't know how to check the serial port in the bios.Unfortunatly the laptop doesn't have a serial port(the only way to connnect to the embroidery machine).:confused: :confused: :( Again thanks for the reply, Jane

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Howdy Jane Devine...

What software do you use to comunicate to the embroidery machine ?

Also what is the make and model of the embroidery machine ?

And try this it will tell you at least if the Com port is active...

Click on Start - Run - in the run box type in cmd then hit enter - then type in mode com1 /status hit enter...

You should see something like this...

Status for device COM1:
-----------------------
Baud: 1200
Parity: None
Data Bits: 7
Stop Bits: 1
Timeout: OFF
XON/XOFF: OFF
CTS handshaking: OFF
DSR handshaking: OFF
DSR sensitivity: OFF