Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my computer has not been able to find my CD drives D: and E:. All of a sudden it just can not find them, and i can not use them. My D drive will open when i press the eject button, but my E drive doesnt respond when i hit the eject button. I opened my computer up, and they are both connected properly... what is wrong with my computer?? PLease help...

-Scott

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
If one doesn't open, try disconnecting it and just leaving the other one connected. One dead drive on an IDE cable can keep the other drive from working.

Oh, Triple6 beat me to it. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Skizla said:
Recently my computer has not been able to find my CD drives D: and E:. All of a sudden it just can not find them, and i can not use them. My D drive will open when i press the eject button, but my E drive doesnt respond when i hit the eject button. I opened my computer up, and they are both connected properly... what is wrong with my computer?? PLease help...

-Scott

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you ever get an answer to your question about losing your cd drives? I lost mine also. I can reboot the computor and they show up, but then tomorrow they will be gone again. I'm sorry I can't help you but maybe someone will see this and give us both an answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.