Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a friends PC, a gateway P4 2.6, winxp home. The mouse and keyboard up and died. He had a kvm switch, the electronic kind when it stopped functioning. I have tried usb, ps2 everything. The keyboard works on bootup, so I can get into bios etc... but when it gets to the windows screen, nothing. No mouse or keyboard. Safe mode is the same thing. Nothing. I have no idea wtf could cause this besides a fried MB. But that is unlikely. Ive reset bios by pulling the battery.... Really dont want to format and reinstall windows. On that note, I did try a repair, when it asks for admin password it wont accept it. Says invalid admin password.. The password IS windows admin password though. So I dont know what to make of it. Virus??? Im going crazy here. With no mouse even in safemode, and windows not accepting my admin password during repair, I am at wits end... ANY ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*bump*

I am using knoppix to get here... mouse and keyboard work fine in linux... so must be something corrupt in windows. But why not in safe mode? I cant figure that one out...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.