Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No IP Address from Modem to WBR-2310 router

9K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  wadezoe 
#1 ·
I've had a great network for years but then my DI-624 died and I replaced it with a D-Link WBR-2310. It conected to the PC just fine and using DHCP it assigns IP's to the compters. The problem is that the Comcast modem will not give the the WAN an IP or DNS. When I check status the LAN has Host, IP and Gateway. When I check status on the WAN these are blank. Thus, I can't get on the internet using the network. I used the same cables I had with the DI-624 if that makes any difference? So, the network works and the router gives IPs but the WAN has nothing coming in. Help?

#2 ·
reading the manual here
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=470&sec=0

there are a few statements on page 9 about connection if it was a USB before and if using DSL PPPoE

where you using any of these

Have you power everything off and re-powered - modem wait couple mins - router wait couple of mins - Pc

If needed di you enter the username and password for your connection (if ADSL) into the router and checked it connected OK - again from the router

#4 ·
Thank you very much for the replies and suggestions. I followed the instructions on page 9 in the manual to the letter. This system had previously worked perfectly with a D-Link 624 using DHCP and infrastructure wireless with WEP. I am not using PPPoE with the Comcast modem. THe modem has never required a password or user name. The network is definitely working and IPs are assigned to the PC by the router as advertised. The modem just refuses to communicate with the router. This modem had been turned off and unplugged a bunch of times as has the router. Do you think the cables from the modem to the WBR-2310 could have anything to do with it? I am using the same cable that worked with the DI-624 but have not tried the cable provided with the
WBR-2130.

#8 ·
wadezoe said:
Thanks much. I did use the D-Link cable check feature and it shows eveything is hooked up. I haven't plugged directly modem to PC but will try that tommorrow and report back. Frank 4d - did you have to enter a MAC or clone it?
No, I did not have to do either. My modem with default settings and router with WAN DHCP client enabled work fine. I am a former Adelphia customer (recently bought by Time Warner in Southern California, USA)... but I didn't have to make any changes for things to keep working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.