Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After downloading from PC World a program called WhoLockMe (which is supposed to help get rid of persistent files) I find that when I try to open the program, I get the following error message: No file Name Specified Usage: "WhoLockMe [-m] [-f] filename" -m: Display the Dialog Box at the mouse position -f: Don't test if file exists. If anyone can tell me what this is all about, I'd appreciate it. JFH

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
jfh,

I think there may be a problem with the program itself.

The error that you are getting indicates that it was expecting a filename in the command line (ex. 'WhoLockMe persistentfile.dat'). But this is not the real issue.

The Install.bat file (included in the download) consists of the command: regsvr32 /s WhoLockMe.dll
The '/s' switch hides any messages that are generated. If you run this command from DOS window without the '/s' you get an error indicating that the DLL file could not be registered (see attachment).

Had the DLL been successfully registered, you would be able to right-click on a 'persistent' file and select the option 'Who Lock Me?' from the menu. This would have sent the filename to the WhoLockMe.exe file, and the program would have properly executed.

I downloaded it myself and I get the same error. Sorry, but I don't know how to fix it. Hopefully, with this information, someone else will be able to come up with a solution for you.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.