Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I appear to not be getting email notifications from subscribed threads. Anyone else having those problems.

Email is correct and nothing has been changed. First noticied it yesterday afternoon and have not received one since even though there has been replies.

·
Administrator
15,306 Posts
Have you checked your spam folder? Due to the volume of emails we send out, some ISPs put our messages in spam folders. You may want to add @techguy.org to your allow list.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, all ok spam wise. It might have corrected itself now, I received a couple. The ones that I did not get, did not turn up delayed, which was going to be my next guess.

The only thing that was different (and surely this must be a coincedence, was that I added a profile photo. Then no emails. I removed the photo this morning and emails started again?

Anyway seems to be ok at the moment. Thank you :)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Mine aren't working now.

Just got a notification for a thread, didn't receive the one from yesterday for same thread.

Also didn't get a notification for thread this am. Saw that a post had been made while browsing this afternoon.

Nothing in Spam folder.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine worked for a day then stopped. Like you Rootbear, I might get one from a thread then not the next time. Missed ones do not turn up later either.

Basically I have to check the threads manually at this stage.:eek:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I think this might have been a problem with the new Web 5 installation -- hopefully it's corrected now! :)
It may be Yahoo for me. One from this AM that I mentioned just showed up in my mailbox with a time of 8:10 this am(according to Yahoo), yet it just arrived in my inbox.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I think that was our fault -- not Yahoo's. :)
I just got this:
"Monday, August 31, 2009 10:21 AM"
fresh in my mailbox. Wasn't there when I made last post.
Notification from TSG.

Is that Yahoos receiving time or time notification was sent?

Edit: I think it is Yahoos fault, just got similar results for another site.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
You must have done something because I have just received a lot of emails all arrive at once :eek:

I would say they are the missing ones or else I am suddenly popular :cool:
I just got a couple of batches. :cool:

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I have been having the same thing happen, My last batch came in after 9pm.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I see there was a reply to a thread I am subscribed to in Photography almost three hours ago to which I have not yet received e-mail notification for.

Just a FYI. :)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I am also getting a lot of double notices.

Edit: Two for same post.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I just received this:

"DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear RootbeaR,

You have received a new private message at Tech Support Guy Forums from TechGuy, entitled "Your thread subscriptions have been changed due to bouncing emails".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://forums.techguy.org/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Hello RootbeaR,

We have received too many (30) rejected emails from the email address you provided:

To update your email address, please visit:
http://forums.techguy.org/profile.php

Please correct the email or contact your ISP to fix it. Your thread subscriptions have been changed to the no email option. You may change it back when your email problems have been resolved.

Please note that this is an automated PM
***************"

Same address I've used for a couple of years.

I've changed my e-mail address, we'll see what happens. I'd prefer to be able to change it back. I am not a fan of hotmail.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I just changed it. Thank-you!

I take it this means any subscribed threads I have missed will not update until there is another post?

Edit 2: My Random forum settings were set to weekly. I usually receive them on Sunday. This did not happen.

·
Administrator
123,557 Posts
I just changed it. Thank-you!

I take it this means any subscribed threads I have missed will not update until there is another post?

Edit 2: My Random forum settings were set to weekly. I usually receive them on Sunday. This did not happen.
You're welcome. :)

Yes, that is correct. You won't receive notifications on those threads until new posts are made.

The Random ones were probably stopped for the same reason but I suggest logging off and clearing cookies and then accepting a new one. That should set things back the correct way. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.