Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just performed a fresh install of WinME and then DirectX 8.0a, I thought everything would be fine and dandy, but it was not to be.

Direct X doesnt appear to have included any Direct Input drivers, confirmed using 'dxdiag'. Using the mouse in directx games is particularly sluggish.

Iv never had this problem under ME or 95 before, and only started experiencing the problem when I started using XP (and XP was so unstable I reformatted and reinstalled ME, but directX did the same again).

Any ideas how I get it to work?? Its a Logitech Pilot Wheel mouse...

Cheers,
Stween.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i have the latest mouseware software from logitech. Iv tried running with this installed and without it installed.

However, the device manager lists my mouse as "Mousewheel (PS/2", and im sure it used to actually specify logitech.

im confused :) Windows 95 was easier, at least then you could do what you wanted and not what windows wanted :)

Stween

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, i have now re-reinstalled winME, and then installed mouse drivers, and THEN installed dx8.0, and STILL directinput refuses to acknowledge the fact i have a mouse.

This is pissing me off now! It always worked perfectly before. I have thought it might be the fact that I was running the mouse off a serial port with an adapter before, but it did work fine on my new install on my athlon a few months ago.

Why on earth is direct x suddenly acting up like this?? Im doing nothing different than before!!

Stween

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate to be *really* annoying (and i know i am being *really* annoying by posting a fourth time to this thread), but SOMEBODY must have half an idea what is up with directx??

Please, please can someone at least give me a few suggestions coz iv run out of things to try....

Stween

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.