Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me give some quick background on my situation.

I installed a (rather old, 5+ years) Hauppauge WinTV-FM tuner card into my machine and downloaded and installed the latest drivers straight from the manufacturer. Installation resulted in a BSOD with an error in STREAM.SYS. I tried the installation a second time after restart (why? I couldn't tell you) with the same result. Initially after the fubar'ed install I had maybe five different highlighted items in Device Manager with some sort of error, including my optical drives (!) and sound card.

Since then, I have removed the tuner card and gotten Device Manager to recognize all hardware as installed and working properly. However, as stated in the title of this post, I can't get any sound or even select a default audio device. (see attachments) I've tried uninstalling the sound card via DM and even went so far as to manually delete all drivers listed in Driver Details so XP could rebuild them all from scratch. I've set the BIOS sound card setting from Auto to Enable.

I think it's some sort of "residue" from the botched hardware install, I'm just having a hell of a time pinpointing what actually is corrupted.

I've been poking and prodding this thing for two days with no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Kyle

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.