Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed windows xp and all the proper drivers on my asus eee pc but after installing reltek i still cannot have no audio. Previously, when my system was running on xandros I had no issues playing music. I have called the asus tech support line countless times trying to fix this issue but have had a severe lack of luck. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Might want to have a look at the device in device manager.
This is written for network adapters,but the questions would apply also to any devices including your audio devices.
Let’s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. Under general tab should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay.

1. under network adapters atheros ar5007eg wireless network adapter
2. there are no red xs diplayed
3. therre are several devices in the manager displaying yellow ! and ?
they are as follows: Ethernet controller, video controller and video controller (VGA compatible)
4. I do not see a general tab
5. no error message

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a tab that is labeled sound video and game controllers it it it has the following things in it audio codecs, legacy audio drivers, legacy video capture devices, media control devices, Realtek high definition audio, and video codecs. None of there have any ! or ?

It seems that all of the entries with an errors status were never installed. To be honest, my husband did thee installation of xp on this system and due to circumstances I am not able to inquire as to what steps he had taken...I guess I assumed he had completed the process.

I went through the sound troubleshooter but it ended up stating that it was unable to help.

So, what should I do?

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
I would look att the realtek audio entry.
Make sure it is enabled and working properly.
Look at the driver details.Note name /date of driver and location.
I would then do three things.
Disable/enable the device in device in device manager.
If that does not help.
Uninstall the driver and re boot your system to see if a different or more current driver is installed.
And finally,you just might try a delete of the device and re bott to see if it will plug and play into goodness.
Other than that,I cannot think of anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.