Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Dinker,

I don't think that you are stating the question the way you mean to (I hope).

Do you mean, how do you tell if your MOBO has an onboard (integrated) NIC?

If that is NOT what you mean, and you do mean as originally stated, what are you looking for this NIC to do in the way of processing??? :confused:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I had a couple of old ISA Intel network cards that had 286 processors onboard, if that's the kind of thing you're talking about. It's highly unlikely that your NIC does, unless you paid a few hundred dollars for it. The most common Realtek NICs/onboard chips are very basic and are only intended to get the job done, they aren't very efficient.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Dinker,

Well that's a new one on me. But in answer to your original question, the specs of your particular card should provide you with information on an onboard processor OR lack thereof.

·
Registered
95 Posts
test?, no. I look at the back of the Tower. if the Lan connection is right next to the mouse and serial ports and not down where the modem and video cards go, chances are it is intagrated. If you look in the case, anything that comes directly Off the mobo to the case,,is intagrated..the pci,Apg slots are for internal cards.
Hope this help ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.