Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a thread for real newbies...as in new to computers? One example...I saw a reply saying to close all browser windows.I get on line with my ISP & use that for surfing.How to close browser windows? Sorry to be so dumb & I'm sure you'll think I'm kidding.Wish I was...but I just don't know.TIA

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Welcome to this place, MyPlace. :). Chances are you are using Internet Explorer as your browser. This is the application that opens with your home page when you first get to the internet. Sometimes folks have several 'pages' open all at the same time and mimimized to that blue tray at the bottom of your page called a system tray. To close all browsers means to click the red X on each and every page so your screen is blank.

We all have to learn one step at a time. You will find a wealth of information and people willing to help here. There are no dumb questions. Alas, there is not a specific newbie thread here, but I'd encourage you just to read as many posts as you can. Welcome.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Welcome to this place, MyPlace.

LOL BillC

Welcome MyPlace, as Bill says just post away in whatever section you feel is appropriate to your querie. Someone will put you right.

Regards - Oldie

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hi Myplace,welcome to TSG
I can only repeat what,Bill/Oldie.posted,even if I have not got any problems with my PC,I still look through all the tech forums and read up as much as I can,you learn something new everyday.even after eight years,I'm still learning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.