Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed an ASUS My Cinema PHC3 -100 TV Tuner Card on my desktop computer.
Im trying to watch over the air TV via the Digital Antena that came with My Cinema TV Tuner card but I'm only picking up 3-4 channels :(
Is this typical for these desktop computer tv tuner cards? Is this typical for the digital over the air broadcast channels?

I'm using Vista's Windows Media Center to watch TV because the software the came with the TV Tuner Card did not work properly and is just not as sleek as the Windows Media Center.

I've been toying with this all day and I'm just about ready to buy some bigger bunny ears at Radioshack but before I did so I wanted to get some feedback.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Could it be that the aerial connection isn't very good like bad cable or something like that. It is worth going along the cable and checking for damaged plastic and stuff like that.

Jack-O-Bytes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked along for the cable and there didn't appear to be any wire damage. Hmph, it just doesn't make sense, I live downtown and I thought I would pick up more stations than this. I might just build an antenna from coat hangers and see what I get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.