Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
First thing is the graphics card cable. Its plugged into the card fine, but I think the power is isnt right. Most makers say to plug both the molex connectors on the cable (the white ones with 4 pins in) into the power supply. You need to make sure they are both connected, and to different lines out of the power supply. your pic doesnt show where the power is coming from now, but if its straight from the mobo, i would guess theres not enough getting through. The power going in is probably enough to start up, but as the graphics card starts to work it wont have enough power, and that couod cause shutdowns.
The purple text and wavt lines also suggest graphics probs, not memory. It could be the power supply (which hopefully we fixed above), or if not, then either card or cable seating. Check the connecting cable from the monitor to the computer is securely in at both ends- if its pulled out slightly it will cause weirdness (took me half a day to figure that on out when mine did it!), or if not that, then take the card out and seat it back again firmly.
As for the memory, I use OCZ a lot. The mem timings at 4-4-4-15 shouldnt cause a problem, but slacking down to 5-5-515 would probably help if its a bit iffy. As for the voltage, dont up it! ! ! 800 is designed, with ocz, for 1.8V. The only one that would run at 2.2V is the 1 066 mem. The mobo will choose the right voltage automatically for you, so unless yo uare a seasoned clocker, i would strongly suggest not to alter it.
So, from the posted symproms, i would be disinclined to think the memory has any probs. Redo the graphicd power, check the connecting cable and reseat the card, hopefully that should gret you back to normal :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.