Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having major problems trying to get my system to get past the initial boot. This is a new system, with no OS yet and no drives are formatted.

Here's the hardware:

P4C800E-Deluxe mobo
Antec 550W PSU
P4 - 2.8C CPU
SP-94 heatsink with 92mm Tornado
twin SATA 10,000RPM 36GB Raptor drives
single ATA 7,200RPM 250GB drive
1GB (512x2) OCZ EL Series Dual Channel DDR533 Ram
ATI AIW 9800 Pro video card
Hardcano 12 fan controller

I have the twin Raptors connected to the SATA RAID connectors on the mobo, and the single 250GB on the primary IDE controller. I also have the floppy attached.

On bootup, I've gone through the BIOS settings and made the changes to whatever I thought necessary. This includes, of course, enabling RAID support. I further want into the RAID setup screen (bootup, CTRL-F) and built a RAID-0 array on the Raptor drives. I told it to create and initialize.

I restart, and I get this error:

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press any key.

I've tried booting up, now, from the Windows XP CD, the Windows 6-floppy setup disks, Windows startup-floppy, DOS boot floppy, and even the included CD that came with the mobo and the floppy created from that included CD (which I created on another system). I still get that message.

I've changed the boot order from what it should be, floppy/CD/HD, to all other combos, CD/floppy/HD, HD/floppy/CD and HD/CD/floppy. I've even completely removed and only put one device in the boot order so as to try and force it to boot from a CD or floppy.

I've switched configurations around as well. To work with the bare minimum, I've even removed the SATA drives and just connected the IDE HD to the primary IDE connector. Still get the error.

I've even switched the IDE HD around from the primary IDE controller to the secondary and to the third controller. But, again, still the messages.

The only thing I haven't tried is switching out the video card, cause I found in a Google search of some people with similar problems and it may be the ATI AIW 9800 Pro. But, that'll be done in a bit.

Any suggestions and desperately and greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a similar problem and was embarrassed to hell when I found my cause.

I hope you do not have the same stupid simple problem, but just in case.

I kept passing over the first page in my BIOS and never noticed that I had none of my drives selected. at some point they had all been blanked out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.