Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering Mike... would it be possible to add a shortcut somewhere (maybe after the thread title?...) that brings you to your last post in that thread? Or is it something vB needs to do? If it is a hassel or deamed unnecessary, then it doesn't matter. I am primarily just thinking of in Random Discussion when you want to pick up the thread from your last post in the multiple page threads or in the threads that get posted to at a rate of umpteen posts per day. (I don't like to miss anything) Maybe it can be just in the random discussion board as it probably isn't needed elsewhere? (easy to find your place in threads in every other board here.)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
um, deuce_mn?

There is! It's that down arrow on the thread list.

Actually, I had to post to get my new Christmas tree up.

Happy Holidays !
[/B]

oops, my bad. It has the first unread post.
Edited to point out stupid mistake

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,306 Posts
That is something that vB would have to do -- that's too big of a change for me to do, unfortunately. But shouldn't the first unread message be the next one after yours anyway?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Okay, I'm confused..... what happened to the link at the top of the page that said 'go to first unread post' ? I know it used to be there because I've used it but I can't see it anymore.

:confused:

·
Banned
8,372 Posts
Top of this page on the left :)

buck

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Okay, thanks buck, but I'm sure it wasn't there before :confused:

Also, I just had a look round and it isn't on the top of every post and it isn't even on some of the threads that I have posted in.
I wonder why it is in some places but not in others....

:)

·
Banned
8,372 Posts
Seems like it's tied into your last visit...but I'm not sure

buck

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yeah, I think that might be right, funny I never noticed before.... I thought it was always there.

:)

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
LadyLisa,

Hey I got it backwards. It will only show up for any new post after you came here and logged in.

Do got nuts over it but you could test it out to see by making a post and then checking the tread. Close down Netscape or I.E. and come back and look.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah guys that is what I am talking about. It is pretty hard to pick up some threads where I left off and a lot of threads don't have the "first unread post" button anyway.

Mike... is that something that is in the works at vB? It would be nice if it was in the next version but hey they can't read my mind so it probably won't. Can I email them... :D :D Noticed the new avatar Mike... that last one was pretty cool but hey a homer santa is quite appropriate for TSG... being you're the webmaster and all. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.