Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought (this) shielded VGA cable. When I plug it into my GFX card and my LCD monitor, it works, until it gets to the Windows Vista sphere things. When it gets to that, it shows a box saying "out of range - H frequency - 75khz, V frequency - 60hz".

And that's that. It doesn't do anything else, so I have to plug in my rubbish VGA cable. I've tested the new shielded one on my laptop to this screen, and it works. I've managed to get it working by removing the old cable whilst both the screen and PC were on, and then plug in the new one. It worked but was a bit distorted. Trying to change the resolution with the new one in resulted in the message again. :(

I'm stuck now - I dunno what to do. My gfx card is an Asus nvidia 9400GT, monitor is one of these.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have fixed it but also caused another problem!

I went into safe mode on a low res, and I was able to uninstall the gfx driver. Then I rebooted normally and I then installed the gfx drivers. I was then able to fiddle around with the settings, and I have it in the proper resolution at 60Hz refresh rate! :D

There is, however, one problem. Everything seems a bit smudged. Only slightly, but it's very noticeable! It looks like it's windy and the wind is blowing the text to the right.

Ah and I dunno if it's just my eyes but the screen seems like it's jittering.

Any help?

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Not sure whats going on.

- New cable works JUST fine on your notebook, but not your desktop.
- Old cable did work fine on desktop, but doesn't anymore.

Did you install the latest drivers?
The video card might be defective if the cables work fine on another computer.
I see nothing special about the cables to cause such a problem, especially new ones.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It works from my laptop to my monitor, but from my PC to monitor it's crisp clear BUT there's a smudge on the text and some images...

It was a cheap cable (£3/$5).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.