Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new router yesterday and it works great. The one hitch I'm having is that I can't get Ebay to display. Some links from e-mail will allow me to look at a listing, but when I try to sign in, I get the dreaded "page cannot be displayed" message. Security settings are all the same prior to new router install. When I click on ebay.com the dreaded "page cannot be displayed" pops up immediately. What can I do to fix this? Thanks. I have XP professional on an HP pavilion a1030n.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
razorboy said:
I installed a new router yesterday and it works great. The one hitch I'm having is that I can't get Ebay to display. Some links from e-mail will allow me to look at a listing, but when I try to sign in, I get the dreaded "page cannot be displayed" message. Security settings are all the same prior to new router install. When I click on ebay.com the dreaded "page cannot be displayed" pops up immediately. What can I do to fix this? Thanks. I have XP professional on an HP pavilion a1030n.
Make and model of the router please.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
There shouldn't be. Either search for a firmware update, or return the router since you just bought. It could just be a bad router. Have you used Netgear in the past? I prefer Linksys myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is replacing a Netgear that went on me after almost three years. I stuck with Netgear because I have two other desktops in the house using Netgear adaptors. I'm sure I can use a Linksys with Netgear adaptors; I thought they would work better together. Maybe it's time to try a Linksys. Which would you recommend?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Personally I would recommend a Linksys, although this is just my personal choice however. It makes no difference whatsoever what kind of adapters you have in any computer in your house. They will work exactly the same.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I'd try resetting the router to factory defaults and then using a wired connection to it. I can't imagine the default configuration blocking eBay, you'd be able to hear the howls all over the world! :D

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Glad it was an easy one. :D

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.