Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having new trouble with computer. Not sure if it's hardware related, my first thought would be something with the video card, but maybe the monitor is messed up. Here's a pic of what happens to my pages I view after say an hour or two. Sometimes takes longer until I actually notice it. Not sure what the problem is. My video card is below 65 C always. No rise in temperature yet, so I can't rule out it's a over-heat issue yet.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
You have provided no tech info of what maybe the problem.

But if its done it suddently without any changes to hardware or software - I would guess a failure of the video card (bad ram or trace). Pop in another video card - anything that'll plug in (PCI / PCIe or AGP)... Which is why I keep a PCI card handy.

If the problem still happens with another video card - it could be mobo. But I'd say 95% - bad video card. My GPU operates at 47c for desktop usage.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had this video card replaced, I don't see how it could already be having problems. The motherboard is new too. The video card is an nvidia 6600gt. The motherboard is a ASRock Socket 939 something.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Why can't it already be having problems? Refurb, replacement or new parts can be DOA (dead) out of the factory.... someone dropped it, extreme temp or some gremlin.

brand new 7600gs card from a girlfriend had fan failure within a week and just got worse and worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.