Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks just started a pc build. have asus a8v mobo, amd athlon 64bit 3200 and 400watt psu. however it dosn't power up! :( tried stripping down to barebones however same problem. everything is connected up fine as i've checked twice over. the mobo led comes on fine and emitts 1 small beep which usually meas everything is working fine. however even the case fans and the psu fan don't start up. i've tried my monitor cable with the psu so i know it aint that. could it be the psu itself? Cheers in advance :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah jumpers are set properly. I've took the battery out for now and will test it soon. i'm really baffled because should the case fans when plugged directly into the PSU not start up even if no power is going to the mobo. cheers.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
:) Sounds like the mobo is grounding out on the case somewhere, most likely on a misplaced standoff. Try the mobo outside of the case (on a non-conductive surface), connecting only the processor, one stick of ram, monitor, keyboard and mouse to see if it will POST. If it does check the placement of the standoffs.

Good luck.

Kilowatt

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Hopefully it is only being grounded as you's sugested and nothing serious wrong with mobo. Will try tomorrow nite and post back as i'm off to bed as have work early tomorrow :( . Cheers again. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.