Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I intend to purchase a new PC, my 2nd & although I appreciate I must reload my software, operating system & ISP, I do not know how to transfer the stored info on my hard drives. I am worried that by being a "PC inadequate" I might lose the lot!! Please help.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
One way would be to temporarily load your present hard drive as a secondary on the new machine and transfer things as you want.

The other is to use XP's Files and Settings Transfer Wizard found in the System Tools. It can be used on both the old and new computers.

If there are specific things you want to save, there may be more explicit directions for them.

Also, software like Acronis TrueImage allows you to image your entire hard drive onto CD-RW's and then browse the image for files after the old machine is long gone.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Elvandil said:
Also, software like Acronis TrueImage allows you to image your entire hard drive onto CD-RW's and then browse the image for files after the old machine is long gone.
I love Acronis! They make the BEST software :up:

I wrote them and asked them to please make an operating system :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.