Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i know i will probably get some stick for this being in the wrong place but o well i have no idea where to post. I was on my laptop yesterday on google and all of a sudden the computer went blank and turned off. the computer is in brilliant working order i shall add. when i turned it back on the computer was as if i just bought it,,,asking for profile name and a password and other things such has get started, basically it has wiped the two profiles that was on the computer, one my personal one and a guest one. i went to accesories and system restore as that was the only thing i could think and the last restore point i could go to was when i switched the computer back on. I have no idea what has happened and i will happily take the laptop to a professional to have it fixed. I am really upset cos i have alot of pictures and memorys ion the computer. Any feedback is more than welcome, thankyou guys

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Dear badmanfitton,
Did you click on any particular website in Google? Did you partition the hard disk or you had/have only the primary drive C:\ ? Since all your stored data is wiped out, it might have been a virus or a Trojan attack. I suggest you click on "Report" at the right bottom of the reply box and ask your post be moved to the Malware and HJT forum!

·
Registered
15,468 Posts
If you have Vista, open windows explorer ( computer icon ) and look under the \users folder, see if any of your old profile folders are present.

If you have XP, then go to the \'Document and Settings' folder and look for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.