Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got this new simple little microphone, nothing fancy. So i plugged it into the correct, color coded hole, and my computer isn't detecting it. Then i realize that i need to go and configure it in the "speech" section of my control panel. I looked online to see how to do this, it says to go to the "speech recognition" tab. But i don't have that tab. All i have is a text to speach tab and i can't do anything as far as my microphone is concerned. I remember coming here before, messing around with the thing that reads out loud for visually impaired people, it was fun....i push a button, it says it outloud, but now i can't configure my mic cuz there is no speech recognition. How do i undo what i did, or rather, how do i make my computer recognize my mic?????

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
First make sure its not muted. This can be checked in two spots. In the Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Voice Tab -> Click on Volume on Voice Playback and make sure its not Muted and then Click on the Volume of Voice Recording and make sure the MIC is selected. You can go to Options in either and add extra Volume control bars if MIC is missing. Then go thru the Test Hardware wizard. At the Microphone Test, the bar for the MIC should move up while you speak into the MIC.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright, something is wrong.....when i tried to "test hardware" under the voice tab, i get "an error occured during DirectPlay Voice Setup...the error code is 0x80004005" then i hit ok, and then the message "windows cannot execute Dpv.setup.exe"

This puzzles me, but will probably make it easier for you guys to diagnose this problem.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
I got the same error. For some reason it tries to access the internet and my firewall wanted to block it. I allowed it to connect and rreran the wizard and then it worked. Try it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.