Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta be missing something basic, but this is just a real nuisance for me. Would appreciate any thoughts. Software is XP SP3.

I have been using XP to view/edit several subfolders of jpegs stored in a Kodaks Folder. I prefer to use the "filmstrip view". I am able to rename file name from something like 101_2900 to kidname whatever, but the new name never appears onscreen unless I either force a F5 screen refresh or back out and re-enter the file folder. I can probably edit photo names in Corel Paint Shop Pro or another program, but this is just driving me nuts.

Sometimes when I turn on the computer and decide to rename files, the new names appear immediately without refreshes, ect. Just wonder if I am missing a file property setting or something basic that I haven't noticed.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Same bug in Vista also, but more annoying, If rename a sub folder, the old folder still shows up (and if you click on the old one you get the message that the folder does not exist or has been moved), F5 does nothing either, I must close windows explorer and reopen the folder. Does not do it all the time either.

Gotta love Windows.

Tried several things, nothing works so far, its a windows bug. So much for Vista being a new operating system, it has so many of the old XP bugs its not funny.

Sorry I could not help, please post if you learn something about this issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mumbodog,

You're right, gotta love windows, didn't realize that this is the same as Vista bug, but here's somethining I noticed today after trying to track why sometimes the file names appears (but mostly don't) after I rename jpegs ...

When I access the folder "Kodak Pictures" via a shortcut renames NEVER show without refresh. However, if I follow the path by clicking "My Pictures" then look in "Other Places" and keep clicking til I get to the folder, renames sometime appear. Renames ALWAYS seem to work if I directly follow the path starting by clicking "My Computer" and working my way to the subfolder I want to edit filenames.

Anyway, go figure, but I haven't found any other posts mentioning what I've noticed.

Thanks again,
Dood1emom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.