Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Urm.. I want to buy a new computer used for gaming purposes which cost around 1,000 or more.

anyone have any ideas on what computer specs would be good like graphic cards, ghz and stuff like ram.

·
Registered
10 Posts
lots of graphics power and ram...

processor: 2Ghz+ (AMD's are good for gaming)
Graphics: (probably PCI Express) Radeon X800, or Nvidia GeForce 6800
Audio: Creative Audigy Soundblaster 4, or 2 ZS
RAM: 1GB + (DDR 2, or DDR3)
Hard Drive: Something over 100gb with 7200 rpm + (games are really large nowadays)
DVD drive

You should try a major manufacturer (for gaming pc's), it will facilitate some things and the computer will come with support... try alienware, voodoo, hypersonic, or ibuypower (there are mixed feelings about this company, but the prices are damn good), or even a Dell (look for the XPS!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I unfortunately dont know... I live in Mexico, but you can always have a look in a directory, or newspaper. They usually have ads for computer stores, or entire listings for computer stores. You could even ask around town for computer stores, its worth a shot. I'm also pretty sure that the companies I mentioned ship to vancouver... if you really want a custom computer I would recomend finding the parts you want to use at an online store such as newegg compare prices, post another thread, to make sure all the parts are compatible and even to just double check that the configuration you chose is good for a gaming computer, then buying to parts or going to a computer store and asking them to build your computer for you, with your specs. :up:

*** Personally I think that a system such as an alienware would suit your purposes perfectly, and you dont really even have to be that knowledgable about the hardware on your computer, afterall thier computers where made for games! Think about it, remember, thats just my take on the topic! ***

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.