Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assembled all the parts. A new motherboard, cpu, heatsink, memory, video card, Hard drive, connected all the cables, but when i hit the power the only thing that happens is the L.E.D.s around the power button flash blue, red, and green. The hard drive spools up and fan for the cpu and the fans on the case start up, the dvd drives light up as well, but nothing else. The monitor says there is no signal. the parts i have are as follows:

CPU - AMD Athlon X2 7550 Kuma 2.5GHz CPU w/heatsink
Motherboard - ECS Black 780G
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB Internal SATA
Memory - Corsair XMS2 2GB (2 sticks) DDR2 800MHz PC2 6400
Video card - E-GeForce 8500 GT
Power Supply - @-Power ATX 430w

I read the sticky about disconnecting and reconnecting everything, but still nothing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried plugging it into the plug-in video card and the on board video on the mother board, but I got the same. I read the will not post section, but I'm a little nervous about step 10. how do i do that?

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Did you make sure that the AUX 12v ATX plug is plugged in? ANd just a bit of advice that Power Supply may not be enough to handle your system. It is a low quality unit and may not actually be giving you the 430 watts it advertises.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Can you please confirm if your card has various outputs like vga, dvi & hdmi etc and have you tried alternative connections to your monitor.

Also (appologies for maybe insulting your inteligence) but your monitor might accept two feeds and might not auto switch - so check which port you are connecting into on the monitor and check that the monitors menu is set correctly to use that port.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offense taken (I'm glad you guys have been so helpful to me.) I checked the connections coming from the power supply, I even only plugged in the essential components just to see if it was a case of the power supply not being enough to handle the load. I always checked to make sure that the input on the monitor matched the connection I was using on the motherboard.

I asked the tech guys at work today, and they said to make sure that the wiring from the case to the motherboard was correct. I checked the diagram in the manual, I think I have the power, reset, and speaker wires plugged in, but there are 8 plugs (2 +5v, 2 +data, 2 -data, and 2 ground) that I'm not sure about. Is there a high resolution source for pictures that show how they should be set up?

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Those wires are most likely for your front USB. For a diagram as to how they should be connected you would need to go to the Motherboard manual

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.