Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lucky me, I found a brand new case (after market ) at a yard sale for a dollar. It look ssuper nice with two s's! I Had a dell deminsion 4100 older model before the black cases(but still with the P3 at 900mhz) and was looking kinda dated to the shade of brown grey all the old computer turn from oxidation or god knows what???(anybody know what causes that?) any who- I switched out the main board and other hardware and perfecto- except for one thing the power switch . As it is now I am using the old gutted power button
which is on the chip with the two little buttons for power and reset. I wanna hook up the power button to the board but instead of one connector the case has each individual pin connectors seperate (which are clearly labeled)

so the problem is with connector goes to which pin.

If I had the shematic diagram for the board power switch input it'd be a piece of cake...... I can't seem to find that information though:(

any help would be gladly appreciated

thanks for reading this in advance

BTW it looks great except for the chip hanging out the front
plus it's gotta be an electrical hazard...

also unlike a car stereo the guess and test method could fry the board as it has no breaker or fuse in between I am assuming.

thanks, Brian

·
Registered
193 Posts
So you mean you are currently using a switch that is perminatly attached to the board from a Dell Dimension 4100? The switch on the case that you are trying to connect; is it just a power switch or a power and reset? Can you tell me also more detail about the connectors on the case (photo would be even better)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.