Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first off i am a gamer. That said, one day i go to log onto one of the online games i play, and it will not let me open it. I double click the icon, and i get the box that says "Connecting to launcher update server", then after about 10 seconds it closes. I asked for advice or help from the customer service people for RF Online(the game i play), and after about a month, we established a consensus that the problem is my networks card. The customer service guy asked: Can you click on Start >> Run and type msinfo32 and click OK
This will display the System information screen.

I did so and we agreed that the correct error message is: The IP address lease 192.168.254.1 for the Network Card with network address 001111CC4DF2 has been
denied by the DHCP server 192.168.254.254 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

which basically(as he told me) means that my networks card is blocking the game's server for some odd reason. That is all he could tell me. Now i know NOTHING about computers, so this is a whole different language to me. can ANYONE please assist me? It's been about months that i've been tryin to get help, lol. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

·
Super Moderator
43,954 Posts
I doubt it's your network card, but the router. Do you know if your internet connection requires a static IP address (as in did you have to enter the details from your ISP into the router)?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
um, no i didnt have to enter a static ip for my router. also, i think there is a high possibility that it is my router too, but i dont know what to do about it; my router is a SpeedStream 5200

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.