Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I recently setup a network using Microsofts built in networking tool. I setup a static IP on the two computers I want to share folders. I have them both on the same wireless network too. I setup each "my documents" folder to share files and when I click on my network I can see both the computers from on each computer. One computer can access the other computers files but not the other way around despite the fact they were setup the same. I get an error that says "The network path was not found" just on one computer and not the other. Any help?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Start by telling us what the total network looks like. Since you have a wireless network, I'm assuming that you have some sort of router and broadband connection.

Let's hear about the make/model of any network equipment, the version/patch level of Windows on each of the machines.

What you're seeing is most likely a firewall issue, but it's hard to say for sure. Do you have Internet access on both machines? Can you ping each machine from the other by IP address and/or by name?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.