Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in big trouble. I have three computers on a wireless dsl connection for the internet.

I accidentally ran the network wizzard on two fo them and now I am having trouble connecting to the internet with the wirless.

I don't want to be on network any more and my modem worked fine before. How can I undo what I did.

I also get a message when I want to shut down saying:

"There are users connected to your computer. shutting down your computer will disconnect them."

One computer is a 98 and the other is an XP.

Help me please.
cbyrd

·
Registered
104 Posts
Do you make backups?

You could restore to a previous point, or you can just run the network setup wizard again and just click the options which state you dont want to join a network -

As for the message;
"There are users connected to your computer. shutting down your computer will disconnect them."
This is when you have fast user switching enabled on the Windows XP pc, and you have more than one user logged onto the pc.

·
Deceased Moderator Gone but never forgotten
82,272 Posts
cbyrd, I'm making some assumptions here, so read my post carefully and see if I guessed right.

I'm guessing that you are using a wireless router, or DSL modem/wireless router combination. I'm also guessing that the network wizard you ran is the "set up a home or small office ..." one, and that you told it the incorrect internet option.

If my assumptions are correct, all you have to do is run the wizard again, and be sure to specify the internet answer that includes "... residential gateway ... ." "Residential gateway" is Microsoft's way of saying "router."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.