Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the following message appears at the most inappropriate times while online........" The system has detected a conflict for I.P address 000.0.00.00 ( actual ip address not indicated - here ), with the system having hardware address 00:00:00:00:00:00 ( which is the obvious mac )

please advise
THANKS

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
It means that someone else on the network has been assigned (or is using) the same IP as you. Did you assign yourself an IP or is it being assigned by a DHCP server?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
cyber's reply:

DHCP server follow up
the DHCP server is probably the correct way that i have to approach the previous networking ip address dorm question. It is perplexing, in that other students also have gotten the same type of ip address conflict. I take it that that would more than likely indicate that DHCP is in effect. What to do from here? Kindly advise further

Again, THANKSi

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
So you do not have a static IP address then, correct? You are getting it from the DHCP server? Just need to make sure because if everyone is being assigned an IP address from the DHCP server then there should be no conflicts. I could see conflicts arising if certain students are assigned themselves static IP's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.