Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wired Linksys router 2 desktop computers and trying to share the internet conection. but i cant connect the 2. One computer i cant setup as host only client and the other i try to set as host but it still wont recognize or ping the first 1. any help i already ran the network setup on both pc's

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok, then we should make sure that you have all the cables and devices connected properly. Can you tell us the make and model of your router, the kind of high speed internet service you have, and the layout of your network? The general setup for a DSL connection is that a splitter is connected to the phone jack with a filter in one hole that goes to the phone and the other hole in the splitter goes into the DSL modem. Then, an ethernet cable goes from the modem to the WAN or Internet port on the router then all the computers connect to the LAN ports on the router. Lets confirm your setup first then we'll go to the next step.

Joe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i have a linksys 5 port network hub nh1005 vr. 2
i have cable conection through comcast and 2 pc's as u already know
cant setup computer in room as host so the other computer is set as host but doesnt recognize client.1pc in bedroom 1 in livingroom its a wired setup

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Some cable ISPs will give you a second internet connection, which would allow your configuration to work. If available I would guess the cost will be at least $5 to $10 per month.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
TerryNet said:
Some cable ISPs will give you a second internet connection, which would allow your configuration to work. If available I would guess the cost will be at least $5 to $10 per month.
That would be a second IP address, I don't know any that will give you a second account for $5-10! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.