Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have changed the name of my computer through control panel/networking/identification. I now can't logon to the network. When I try to logon an error message appears: the domain password you supplied is not correct or access to your logon server has been denied.

We are using Windows NT server and running Microsoft SQL server.

Can anyone please help.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Andrea.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Andrea,
Don't know if this is of any help to you but have you cheacked you user name on you security tab in dial up network as i had the simaler problem when my systerm crashed.Hope this is of some use to you and good luck with solving your problem.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Login locally as administrator, join a workgroup, it does not matter what the name is. Reboot and log back on locally then join it to the domain.

When you rename a PC in an NT domain, it does not automatically update the SID, so you have to rejoin the domain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Andrea Andreou said:
I have changed the name of my computer through control panel/networking/identification. I now can't logon to the network. When I try to logon an error message appears: the domain password you supplied is not correct or access to your logon server has been denied.

We are using Windows NT server and running Microsoft SQL server.

Can anyone please help.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Andrea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.