Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was in the process of trying to get my graphic card to work and somehow I don't know if it's the cause of the problem but I messed up when i tried flashing the BIOS and my PC is now not able to detect my network driver and I'm unable to access the internet.. It's not shown on the device manager too.. I'm not very sure if it's because of the flashing of the BIOS.. But anyway, I downloaded tons of network drivers to try salvage the problem and none seemed to work.

I tried using the disc that came with my motherboard to install but it doesn't give me the option to install the network LAN driver which was there the last time. So I tried reformatting but the problem is still there.. Again this time I used the disc to install all the chipset and drivers but it still doesn't give me the option to install the LAN driver.. I then found out the actual driver name from http://asia.giga-byte.com/FileList/Manual/motherboard_manual_ga-965p-ds3p_e.pdf .. As you can see, under page 51 the driver is there!

So I explored the disc and try installing it manually but i got a error 'Incorrect ID, Don't support this ID'. I tried downloading a setup from the internet and installed it but it doesn't show up under device manager..

Help! can anyone help?? I even tried updating the BIOS already.. Is my network adapter fried?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Well, If it's not showing up in Device Manager, there's no point in screwing around with drivers. You have a hardware issue, doubtless associated with the BIOS update. I suspect that the new BIOS may not actually be the exact one for your MB, that's the only thing that comes to mind.

If you can't get it working, a PCI NIC is pretty cheap and will solve the issue for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn.. and it's integrated... So it's fried then? and what a quick reply. Many thanks.

So I've to get a PCI Network card? The speed would still b the same right?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Yep, the speed won't be any different. If you can find the correct BIOS for your exact MB, you may be able to revive your on-board one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup.. I did find the exact one and installed it but it still doesnt work. Is there anyway for me to check if my on board one is finished or not ? Marvell Lan driver 8.61.3.3 is the driver i think.. Installing it from the setup.exe file on the motherboard's disc gives me a not support ID error.. i downloaded it from the net and installed it but it doesnt seem to work. I dont know if I'm doing it right or not

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
If it doesn't show up in Device Manager, there's no hardware for the driver to interface with! You have to solve that problem before you can install the drivers.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Again, you upgraded the BIOS, then the hardware disappeared. That can't be a coincidence! That's why I keep saying the BIOS you used must not match the motherboard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.